Certified as a Specialist in Creditors’ Rights by the American Board of Certification, Mr. Puryear represents clients in State and Federal District and Bankruptcy Courts. He practices in the areas of commercial litigation, commercial collections and judgment recovery, commercial creditors’ rights in bankruptcy, and construction litigation. Mr. Puryear has been named to the Nashville Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar”, and has been recognized in Bestlawyers and Super Lawyers.
Mr. Puryear is an active member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, the Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel, and the Tennessee and Nashville Bar Associations. He serves on the Executive Committee for the Creditors Practice Section of the Tennessee Bar Association, has served as a Hearing Committee Member for the Tennessee Board of Professional Responsibility, and is a Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation.
A regular lecturer to both fellow attorneys and trade groups on commercial creditors’ rights and bankruptcy issues, Mr. Puryear is the author of West’s Legal Forms, Volume 10 and 11 – “Debtor and Creditor Relations”, updated annually.
Certifications of Specialization are available to Tennessee lawyers in all areas of practice relating to or included in the areas of Civil Trial, Criminal Trial, Business Bankruptcy, Consumer Bankruptcy, Creditors’ Rights, Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, Accounting Malpractice, Elder Law, and Estate Planning. Listing of related or included practice areas herein does not constitute or imply a representation of Certification of Specialization.
- Commercial & Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Creditors' Rights in Bankruptcy
- Commercial Collections & Judgment Recovery
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 1993
- J.D., University of Tennessee, College of Law, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Middle, Eastern and Western Districts
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
Direct Dial: (615) 255-4859
Fax: (615) 630-6602