Robin has spent the majority of her career guiding business clients through stressful financial distress situations. She has substantial experience representing business debtors, creditors, and committees in Chapter 11 business bankruptcy cases. Robin often assists businesses with out-of-court restructurings, including negotiating forbearance agreements, asset sales and debt refinancing.
Robin is approved as a Rule 31 Mediator by the Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission. She has been included in The Best Lawyers in America® 2010-2019 editions, and named to Best of the Bar in Business Bankruptcy by the Nashville Business Journal. She was also included in Mid-South Super Lawyers® list for 2013-2020 and the Rising Stars list for 2008-2012. She is also a Fellow of the Nashville Bar Foundation.
- Getting a Seat at the Table: Recent Sixth Circuit Cases Regarding Standing in Bankruptcy Proceedings and Appeals
- Going, Going, Gone: Increased Use of Chapter 11 to Quickly Sell Business Assets
- It’s In the Contract: Allowance of Post-petition Claims for Attorneys’ Fees by Unsecured Creditors
- Retaining Preference Actions in Plans of Reorganization – How Much Disclosure is Enough?
- The New Value Exception to the Absolute Priority Rule Is Alive and Well after 203 North LaSalle
- Title Versus Possession: Calculating the Date of Receipt of Goods for Purposes of §503(B)(9) of the Bankruptcy Code
- Do You Have a License for That? Rejection of Trademark Licenses in Bankruptcy, Tennessee Bankruptcy Newsletter
- Off the Clock Legal Savvy for Entrepreneurs, Start-ups and Small Business Owners, October 25, 2012.
- Bankruptcy Practice: Stern v. Marshall — Who is it good for? Nashville Bar Association, September 11, 2012.
- Preference Defenses: New Value, Ordinary Course and Contemporaneous Exchange.
- Leveraging Preference Defenses Regarding Loan Workouts, Corporate Insiders, Credit Bidding and More,” Speaker, Strafford Publications, Inc., December 2011.
- Ethics Issues for Bankruptcy Lawyers. Mid-South Commercial Law Institute Seminar Panel Discussion, December 2009.
- Bankruptcy In Tennessee. Lorman Education Services, March 2009.
- Hey What Just Happened?: The Impact of the Financial Crisis on Insolvency Practice in Middle Tennessee. Turnaround Management Association – Tennessee Chapter, January 2009.
- Family Friendly Policies in the Workforce. Lawyers’ Association for Women – Nashville Chapter, January 2007.
- Ethics Issues for Bankruptcy Lawyers. Mid-South Commercial Law Institute Seminar Panel Discussion, November 2007.
- Business Insolvency in Tennessee: Exploring Bankruptcy Issues. Lorman Education Services, February 2006.
Awards & Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® (2010-2020)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers® (2013-2020)
- Mid-South Super Lawyers Rising Star® (2008-2012)
- Named “Best of the Bar” in Business Bankruptcy by the Nashville Business Journal (2008-2009)
- Certified by the American Board of Certification as a “Business Bankruptcy Specialist (2006-2020)
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Out-of-Court Restructurings
- Creditors' Rights
- Avoidance Actions
- Rule 31 Civil Mediation
- Vanderbilt University Law School, J.D., 1998
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., 1995
- Tennessee, 1999
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Tennessee
- Mid-South Commercial Law Institute, Board of Directors (2011-Present) and President (2015)
- American Board of Certification, Board Certified Business Bankruptcy Specialist
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Commission, Approved Rule 31 Mediator
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association, Bankruptcy Court Committee Former Chair
- Turnaround Management Association (Tennessee Chapter), Member of the Board of Directors (2014-2015) and Programs Coordinator (2013-2014)
- Nashville Conflict Resolution Center, Member of Board of Directors (2015)
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member, Bankruptcy Committee
- American Bar Association, Member, Business Bankruptcy Section
- American Bankruptcy Institute, Member, Business Reorganization Committee
Direct Dial: (615) 467-4403
Fax: (615) 630-6602